« Home | Requirements Engineering in Mechanical Design »

What is design?

A Google search resulted the following:
Design is a purposeful, systematic, and creative activity.

Nice small definition indeed. But it does not say anything about the components of design. In fact this definition is too general to apply to mechanical engineering design (MED). I would rather say that, mechanical engineering design is the creation of product which is analyzed to work correctly, cost effective to manufacture and easy to maintain.

This definition may not encompass all the aspects of MED but it surely does reflect the major requirements a designer should keep in mind while designing a product.

Hi
Can you provide me with the template for your blog as the original link is now dead?

If you will,please mail me the same at indiagenie@gmail.com

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm S M Mahbub Murshed
  • From United States
My profile

Archives

Links